As Technical Architect, you will work closely with clients to understand their business challenges and define solutions, direction, and technical project scope. You will lead a project team, facilitate architecture and technology decisions and deliver stories (hands-on coding). You will provide strategic and hands-on leadership on engagements ranging from proof-of-concept prototypes to bulletproof, long living, high volume production applications.
Intelliware has an exceptional 25+ year delivery track record, deep technical expertise and disciplined delivery and technical engineering practices. The way we build software is strongly influenced by the values of Extreme Programming: feedback, respect, courage, communication and simplicity. You’ll find continuous opportunities to learn, share knowledge and teach within your team and within the developer community at Intelliware via monthly educational sessions, study groups and hands-on R&D initiatives.
While working within a team in an Agile environment, you will be:
- Developing and presenting technical assessments and architectural/product roadmaps
- Evaluating technical soundness of solutions and developing business cases for alternative solutions based on business drivers and impact/cost analysis
- Designing high quality applications that are highly scalable and extensible
- Estimating, tasking and prototyping
- Coaching team members to help develop their technical and leadership skills
- Investigating, learning and applying new technologies and processes
- Facilitating design/architecture discussions
- Collaborating with cross-functional team members on features, design and implementation
- Communicating with senior management and clients specifically related to project scope and technical soundness of solutions
‘Must Have’ Skills/Experience:
- Proven software development and team/technical leadership experience
- Proven experience designing and developing complex applications that are highly scalable and extensible
- Ability to interact effectively with clients to define user requirements and application architecture
- Fluent in Java
- Defining and managing project scope
- Attention to well-crafted software
- Proven client-facing, partnership and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in: Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics (or equivalent education/experience)
‘Nice to Have’ Skills/Experience:
- Exposure to and enthusiasm for Agile approaches to software development e.g. automated testing, continuous integration, project rooms, pair programming, etc.
Intelliware is committed to diversity in the workplace. We are an inclusive employer and welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. Applicants’ needs will be accommodated during our recruitment and selection process so please advise us if you require accommodation.