Technical Consultant – Software Development
As Technical Consultant, you will work closely with clients to understand their business challenges and define solutions, direction, and technical project scope. You will lead project teams, architecture and technology decisions while providing strategic and hands-on leadership for engagements ranging from proof-of-concept prototypes to bulletproof, long living, high volume production applications.
Intelliware’s niche is delivering mission critical software applications for complex business and technical challenges. We have an exceptional delivery track record, deep technical and domain expertise and disciplined delivery on technical engineering practices. You’ll have the opportunity to work on a wide range of enterprise and consumer facing applications alongside a top notch dev team, subject matter experts and business stakeholders.
While working with Agile teams and advising clients, you will be:
- Developing and presenting technical assessments and architectural/product roadmaps
- Evaluating technical soundness of solutions and developing business cases for alternative solutions based on business drivers and impact/cost analysis
- Providing technical leadership, clarity and direction for the project teams
- Facilitating design/architecture discussions with clients and project teams
- Defining and managing project scope
- Designing high quality applications that are highly scalable and extensible
- Estimating, tasking and prototyping
- Contributing clear and maintainable code to a shared codebase
- Mentoring team members to help develop their technical and leadership skills
- Investigating, learning and applying new technologies/processes
’Must Have’ Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven team/technical project leadership experience
- Proven client-facing, partnership and presentation skills
- Proven experience designing and developing highly scalable and extensible applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of: Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics (or equivalent education/experience)
’Nice to Have’ Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience/Expertise in Capital Markets, Risk and Foreign Exchange
- Experience/Expertise in Health Informatics
- Exposure to and enthusiasm for Agile approaches to software development e.g. testing, continuous integration, project rooms, pair programming, etc.
- Experience with relational databases, SQL queries and object relational mapping tools
- Experience with UNIX, Linux and W3C technologies, including HTTP and XML
- Masters Degree in one of: Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics
- Education/Background in a creative or non-technical discipline
Intelliware is committed to diversity in the workplace. We are an inclusive employer and welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. Applicants’ needs will be accommodated during our recruitment and selection process so please advise us if you require accommodation.