More posts by Vadim Karantayer
Rated as one of the 15 most useful apps for Android, one of The Best Apps for Fixing Your Wifi and featured in The NY Times Wirecutter – The Best Wi-fi Router, the Wi-Fi Analyzer app allows users to optimize their current Wi-Fi network through the examination of the surrounding networks, identification of crowded channels and the measurement of signal strength.
Privacy and security is a huge concern these days and the WiFi Analyzer (open-source) is designed to use as few permissions as possible. It asks for just enough to perform the analysis. Plus, it is all open-source so nothing is hidden. Most notably, this application does not require access to internet, so you can be sure it does not send any personal/device information to any other source and it does not receive any information from other sources.
How to use the WiFiAnalyzer
Watch our video on how to use the WiFiAnalyzer app.
- Identify nearby Access Points
- Graph channels signal strength
- Graph Access Point signal strength over time
- Analyze WiFi networks to rate channels
- HT/VHT Detection – 40/80/160MHz (Requires Android OS 6+)
- Access Point view complete or compact
- Estimated Distance to the Access Points
- Export access points details
- Dark, Light and System theme available
- Pause/Resume scanning
- Available filters: WiFi band, Signal strength, Security and SSID
- Vendor/OUI Database Lookup
Since its release in March 2016, the app has over 1,000,000+ downloads and is still climbing, it has also ranked within the top 5 downloads in the WiFI Analyzers Tools category on Google Play. Optimize your WiFi network using WiFi Analyzer by examining surrounding WiFi networks, measuring their signal strength as well as identifying crowded channels.
Thank you to the Intelliware team that contributed to the success of this project:
Alex Orchard, Caren DesBrisay, Dan Light, David Jones, Gina Chaves, Graham Foster, Jean Bourgeois, Lee McCallum, Michael Melo, Michael Pickard and Vadim Karantayer.