Software is eating the world. The figures to support this are quite compelling. In this presentation, we present 21 facts, figures, and stats about the software development industry. These are focused on 4 categories: the software market, software developers, software problems and custom software. We provide answers to questions such as:
- What is the global IT spend?
- What is the global software spend?
- How fast is the software as a service (SaaS) market growing?
- What percentage of venture capital investments are in software companies?
- How many developers are there in the world? How many Java developers?
- What percentage of (large) software projects run over time and budget?
- What is the growth rate of software productivity?
- What percent of software spend is on custom software?
- What is the average annual custom software spend by large UK financial services companies?
- What percentage of companies spend more than half of their software budget on customer software?
- And more.