There are many important considerations that need to be taken into account when planning a website or portal. What technology should be used – a product or a custom build? What functionality needs to be created for today and in the future? What enterprise systems need to be integrated into the solution? What impact will this have on your business?
There are several steps to follow that will help ensure you’re on the right path. First, having a solid, well thought-out plan is crucial to any implementation. Putting time in up-front will pay off in the long run.
Key considerations for a website or portal build:
- What are your current business processes, technical architecture, high level business requirements and functional gaps?
- What strategic objectives do you have and how do they impact your on-line initiatives?
- What technologies are you considering implementing? How do they impact your current and future business processes and existing technologies?
- What options are available to you and what implications are there for each option and meeting your requirements?
- To what extent should I consider mobile for my site?
- What accessibility factors am I required to implement to comply with the latest legislation?
- How will you develop your “Roadmap” or actionable plan to ensure maximum success and ROI for your implementation?
Helping you determine where to start and how to move ahead is what Intelliware has been helping clients with for years. We provide end-to-end solutions for the design, development, usability and implementation of custom built or packaged portal solutions, intranets and corporate websites. We’ve built high volume, standalone consumer websites and portals, mobile optimized websites, and sites requiring development of applications that integrate with a range of back-end systems. Regardless of the size, complexity and scope, we ensure technical best practices, superior design and exceptional user experience.